Hazardous waste packaging : The LINERBENNE solutions
- A high security range of packaging solutions designed by LINERBENNE : asbestos disposal container bags for asbestos contaminated materials.
- Des produits complémentaires pour déchets pré-emballés.
A dedicated product specialist
Referral to complementary service providers
HAZARDOUS WASTE : ROLE-PLAYERS AND ISSUES
The packaging and transport of hazardous waste is a matter of great concern at all levels.
Elected officials, local government authorities, construction companies, transporters and waste disposal sites have to deal with :
- health and environmental issues
- regulatory obligations
- technical requirements
All this while improving waste management processes and making them cost-effective.
In addition, they often have additional needs. We believe therefore that tailored support and broader solutions are essential for their success.
WHICH CONTAINERS FOR WHICH SITES?
The choice of container bags is essential in the case of high-risk work, to protect people and the environment.
Workers must have waterproof, compliant and practical packaging to facilitate material handling and worksite progress.
Some examples of interventions requiring reliable and efficient container bags :
- Asbestos removal
- Deconstruction / decontamination of structures or buildings
- Handling of disaster waste
- Dredging operations
- Decontamination of polluted sites
- Maintenance of industrial sites
Special asbestos waste
CÉVALIA APPROVAL, A SAFETY GUARANTEE
The first LINERBENNE container bags, incorporating the innovative-patented system, have been approved by CEVALIA, an official body.
They are the ONLY flexible containers for asbestos waste thus approved.
CEVALIA’s approval recognizes their watertightness and resistance to the risks involved. It is therefore a guarantee for both designers and users.ue les utilisateurs.
Since the approval, LINERBENNE has equipped its new models with these innovations.
THE CÉVALIA COMMISSION
Created in 2017, the Cévalia Commission operates within the framework of the Ministry of Housing’s Asbestos Research and Development Plan. It evaluates technical innovations related to asbestos. In particular, it verifies that innovations meet worker protection criteria. Referral to this commission is voluntary. Each company is free to submit its products to it or not.
ASBESTOS = DANGER
Asbestos is the cause of serious pathologies, cancers in particular. The real danger of asbestos particles comes when they are very small, small enough to bypass the respiratory filtration system and reach deep into the lungs, causing damage and scarring.
Any opening, even a tiny one, in a receptacle can therefore cause considerable damage.
TRANSPORTATION OF ASBESTOS WASTE
The solid waste concerned by these regulations include the following:
- Contaminated waste or deconstruction materials
- Milled materials
- Sewage sludge
- Contaminated soils
- Industrial waste
- In uncovered vehicles
- From the construction site to an authorized waste storage facility.
- Bags should match the same size of the skip.
- The use of several small bags is prohibited.
- The one indicated by the manufacturer
Post-disaster contaminated soils
ASBESTOS CONTAINER BAG WITH DOUBLE LINER
Features include :
- At least 2 layers, dependent or not
- Dust-tight internal liner for preventing asbestos emissions
- Outer liner resistant to shocks and normal stresses during transport
- Resistance to punching or tearing
- Sufficiently tight closure system
Damaged buildings or buildings under construction
SECURE DOUBLE ASBESTOS CONTAINER BAG
- Packaging consisting of a bag lined with a second bag of the same type
- Mass limited to 7 Tons